There are really only two drivers in business.
- A Challenge
- An Opportunity
It’s only ever either one or the other. But there’s always the need for thoughtful preparation.
My challenge to you. What’s missing?
A – Design The Common Purpose. Get commitment to the purpose of the enterprise. That means everyone in the organisation – all those who have a vital part to play. Sign them up to it and in turn to far smarter ways of working and governing the process of making it all real and meaningful.
B – Visualise What You Feel The Future Holds. What will it actually look like. Like really. And know, with clear definition, how you and those who are impacted will judge success.
C – Staying Mindful Of The Dynamics. Understand the rich context – the moving forces around you – your ability to leverage this and be confident within it – this is what will make you unique.
D – Design & Plan For The Big Picture. Then approach the journey in logical and connected steps. Everybody needs structured steps, knowing what is achievable in measurable stages.
E – Think About Value From Every Perspective. Always thinking – always considering everything from all points of view. Always thinking sustainably. Always thinking.
F – Collaborate. Collaborate. Collaborate. Plan and implement in the most collaborative way you can – make it engaging and inclusive. Generating inspiration, awareness, consciousness and accountability for everyone involved.
G – Courage. Be brave. That’s leadership. Don’t gloss over the challenges – denial only ever yields short-term comfort with long-term pain.
H – Communicate – Communicate – Communicate. Communication is two way. Engaged minds is the aim and the only ambition.
- You need the right equipment to whip that challenge into shape – mount that opportunity
- You need to overcome any fear of the digital world. That’s the one we live in.
- There has to be structure & logic to calculate the right outcomes
- There must be an approach that ensures buy-in and engagement combined with powerful deliverables.
- Deliverables of every kind because we have media, channels and devices of every kind
- For thought to be useful there needs to be relevant stimulation. It needs to be in a context that makes sense to everyone
- There must be objective and impartial facilitation of all the known moving parts. All reasonable context and possibility
- Change and opportunity demands a powerful and proven framework for collaboration
Platforms Of Social Interaction
Methods Of Engagement Between Humans
Taking Strategy Off The Wall