We have developed some fairly very strong opinions about business over the last 30 years. We hate opinions as we think they are usually a lie dressed up as a fact. But what do you think?
- We think that traditional methods of consulting are not helping businesses.
- We think that critical thinking is not going on in most businesses.
- We think that businesses are not organizationally designed for success.
- We think that businesses stifle creativity and innovation and don’t know how to use it.
- We think that the future demands participatory and more socially engaged business models.
- We think that the traditional model of agency and consulting seeks to create business for agencies and consultancies. It solves just any problem – not necessarily the right ones for the clients.
- We think that the usual process of creating strategy is broken.
- We think that technology is misunderstood – it’s either extreme – a panacea or an immense overhead that is sidelined. Both are dangerously wrong.
- We think that the areas of mobile strategy, UI/UX and customer data are likely to transform the landscape and create entirely. new leaders/brands. The trouble is very few companies understand this.
- We think that new methods of transaction and commercial innovation will transform the idea of the business. The trouble is very few companies understand this.
- We think that methods of creativity, opportunity creation and solving problems in business through meetings, brainstorms and retreats is actually broken and wholly inappropriate.
- We think that in business today there are a huge problems in behavior and culture left unattended.
- We think that leadership is (mostly) at best mediocre ensuring that the motivation of people is at very low levels.
- We think that the attraction of talent and the new capability required to win in the modern era is hit and miss and going to undo many businesses.
- We think that brand is the biggest, most confused and most misunderstood aspect of business.
- We think that the words, definitions – the semantics – the very language of business is causing huge issues and mostly being left unattended.
Other than that!